Monday, October 16, 2017

END OF AN ERA



THE END OF AN ERA

I am eighty three years old.  So the end of my motorcycle
riding days would be coming soon.  I wanted to get at least
a few years more riding in.  But, my insurance company
changed my mind.

I have been with this company for seventeen years.  No claims
and no problems.  But I am getting older and possibly they have
checked into my recent health history.  That is O.K.  I do not try
to hide any thing.  I always give the doctors permission to share
my records with any one.

But, last week when I went to pay my annual premium on the 
motorcycles,  it had jumped about 800%.  As an old retired man
I simply am not going to pay that much for just a little fun.
You know what that meant.

So, before the insurance expired I decided to ride my old
rat bike over to the sale for "one last ride."  That is the 
one with the hat on the sissy bar.

Now this is not a good time of the year to sell a motorcycle.
The best time would be in spring or early summer.  And the
motorcycle, though in good shape, is getting real old.  Plus
it is like a work bike, not a shinny chrome trophy.  So the
prospects of selling it were not good.

But, I have learned to pray about things like that.  
As you guessed, hardly anybody looked at the bike.
Instead they looked at jars, wore out tillers, junk 
furniture etc.  So all I could do was sit there and pray.

Praise God.
God is not limited by my circumstances.
When the bidding got started it went very slow,
BUT, there was a man there on a cell phone
bidding for a man that was not even there.
The buyer who was not even there, bought it for
enough to make me happy and keep me praising God.

AGAIN,
PRAISE GOD.











No comments: