Wednesday, October 11, 2017

GET MORE STUFF



GET MORE STUFF

Buy more, beg for more, collect more but any way you 
can get all the things you can.  You see, there is a 
distinct advantage to having lots and lots of "stuff".

Let me explain.


I first noticed the advantage to having a lot of things with my
wife's plants.  She has to water and care for them every once
in a while.  And, some of those neat plants have to be brought
into the house during the winter.  Then taken back out in the 
spring.

This of course gives her added work every few days.
Nice, right?

Ouch!
The photo below is from my shop.


I have more motorcycles than I can ride at one time.
But that is O.K.  Even if they might not be running
I can pay personal property taxes on them.  Pay license
and insurance fees.  And even better, pay for any repairs
they need.

Oh!, the joy of having lots of "stuff".
And most of the things we get have to be "stored" some
where.  Isn't that thrilling?

We have relatives that have several pieces of property
scattered around.  They get to pay taxes, repairs and
maintenance fees on a regular basis.  Guess what?
It has become a real burden to them.

Here is a fact that most of us seem to forget.

"But godliness actually is a means of great gain
when accompanied by contentment.  For we have
brought nothing into the world, so we cannot take
anything out of it either.  If we have food and covering,
with these we shall be content.  But those who want to
get rich fall into temptation and a snare and many 
foolish and harmful desires which plunge men into
ruin and destruction."
(1 Timothy 6:6-9 NASB)

Have I learned anything from this.
YES! 

I have already hauled off several truck loads of "stuff"
to the sale.  And have given more away.  You guessed
it.  I have more free time on my hands and live just as
well - if not better than before.

One other thing.
This coming week end
even the motorcycles go up for sale.







No comments: