Monday, October 9, 2017

NEED A BOOST



Being an old man I was running "out of steam"
one after noon.  However, I still had a lot of work I
wanted to do that day and a boost would be good.

Then I remembered that at one time my wife had
kept some of those "energy drinks" in the refrigerator.
You bet.  There was still one of them in there.  Never
in my life had I ever tried one of "those things".

It tasted pretty good for a cold drink.  And I began
to feel better shortly.  In fact I was "flying high" for 
about four hours and still wanted to keep on working.

But like so many things it has it's side effects.
Of course the side effects vary for different people.
But for this old man, I think I'll go on through life
without that temporary boost of a "energy drink."
To me it is not worth the side effects.

But do you want an added boost with only good
side effects?

If you want an effective boost in life that lasts
get into an intimate relationship with Jesus Christ.
Not only will it be of value in this life, but in the 
life to come.  AND, we have added power when
we let his Spirit, the Holy Spirit take control of 
our life.










No comments: