Wednesday, October 25, 2017

LEARNING FROM A CAT


Image courtesy of: www.Pixabay,com 

My wife has a cat.
Let me emphasize, it's the wife's.

Many years ago I gave up holding it.
The hair in my lap and the claws in my legs
were simply too much.

But, it still hangs around with me for some reason.
Well, I know the reason just like you do.  It wants
to trip me when I walk.

Now that cat knows my movements around the house
almost better than I do.  For example, when it hears me
slid my cup off the ceramic coaster. it gets up, stretches,
and starts walking in front of me to the coffee pot.

That cat knows me so well it can almost read my mind.

I should be that way with God himself.
He created me.  He loves me.  He died for me.
He calls to me.

But, no.  He has to knock me down so I will
look up.  He has to force me into circumstances
that I cannot handle so I have to cry out to him
for help.

I need to spend a lot more time at the feet
of Jesus Christ.

"I will instruct you and teach you in the way which
you should go;
I will counsel you with My eye upon you.
Do not be as the horse or as the mule which have no
understanding,
Whose trappings include bit and bridle to hold them in check,
Otherwise they will not come near to you."
(Psalms 32:8,9 NASB)


No comments: