Wednesday, June 21, 2017

A SHORT MEDITATION



"A man's mind plans his way,
but the Lord directs his steps."
(Proverbs 16:9 RSV)

Many, many years ago I was just a "dumb" kid in
High School.  About the only things of interest to
me were my "hot rod" and girls.

One year wanting  to take a class in physics, because
I thought I might learn something in it I could use 
to make my "hot rod" faster, they would not let me
because the class was full.  So, the counselor talked
me into taking "typing" instead.  Why not.  There
would be no home work, very few of us had
typewriters at home.  No reading and studying, 
O.K.  I had to have another class so it sounded
good to me.

Now, about 67 years latter, I have seen time after
time that "typing" class has been of more value to
me than any other class I ever took in High School
or either College.

I thank God for directing my steps when I was
not smart enough to.

"I know, O Lord, that the way of man is not
in himself, that it is not in man who walks
to direct his steps."
(Jeremiah 10:23 RSV)

No comments: