Monday, June 12, 2017

O BOY. GOOD JUNK


Image courtesy of:www.Pixabay.com

Last week I was donating some time at Fort Rock 
Family Camp.  Most of my time there is in maintenance,
you know "fixing stuff".   I was at the shop working when
one of the children from a family helping came to me 
wanting help to build a whistle.  She had picked out a 
piece of scrap tubing.  All I had to do was help her make
into a whistle. [Ha, ha, ha.]

We needed a piece of material to make the "fipple block"
with.  So, I pointed her at the scrap pile.  It is "fair game"
for anybody to use.  So with the help of her two smaller 
brothers they begin to dig in the scrap pile.  And I went 
back about my business.

Can you imagine my surprise when I came back out and
found that Lydia and each of her brothers had laid out
about a wheelbarrow load of scrap steel and old parts
 for each one of them.  Good stuff they had found in 
the scrap pile.  Three wheelbarrows of stuff.

But, their mother would not let them take all that good 
stuff home with them.

Just like you and me.  We spend a life time of  piling up 
a lot of "good junk" that we cannot take with 
us when we die and leave this old world.

One day every one of us is going to stand before
God in judgement whether we like it or not.
Consider his opinion on all this good "stuff" we
gather up for our selves.

"There is great gain in godliness with contentment;
for we brought nothing into the world, and we
cannot take anything out of the world, but if we
have food and clothing, with these we shall be
content.  But those who desire to be rich fall into
temptation, into a snare, into many senseless and 
hurtful desires that plunge men into ruin and 
destruction.  For the love of money is the root of
all evils; it is through this craving that some have
wandered away from the faith and pierce their 
hearts with many pangs."
(1 Timothy 6:6-10 RSV)


No comments: