Monday, June 19, 2017

DO YOU HAVE A THORN?


Image courtesy of: www.Pixabay.com

Many of us know about the apostle Paul's thorn in the flesh. 
And the Scriptures make it clear that because of the revelations
God gave him, the thorn was given to; 1.  Keep him humble.
2. Keep him dependent on God, not himself.  Good advise
for all of us.

Now I am not near as perfect as you.  I would expect that 
your thorn in the flesh is something as serious as not 
being able to pronounce "Zerubbabel" correctly.  That of 
course is to keep you from feeling "over  smart".  But me,
 I live in a briar patch.

This morning in my devotional period the Lord seemed
to reveal to me clearly, and gently, that one of those 
stickers in the briar patch is "my thorn in the flesh".
Believe it or not, knowing that is a relief.  It has kept
me from being "super spiritual".  And it sure keeps me
dependent on God.  God loves me enough to give me 
a problem to keep me in my place.

Does God love you enough to give you a problem to
help develop you???

"Count it all joy, my brethren, when you 
meet various trials, for you know that the
testing of your faith produces steadfastness.
And let steadfastness have its full effect,  
that you may be perfect and complete, 
lacking in nothing."
(James 1:2-4 RSV)






No comments: