Friday, June 9, 2017

SMART, OH SO SMART


Image courtesy of: www.Pixabay.com

SMART, OH SO SMART

For  many years I worked as an automotive
technician in a university town.  It was a
Lincoln Mercury dealership.  This resulted 
in a good number of our customers being
"professors" or "administrators" from the
University.

One day I was sent up to the University to
help one of the "professors" get his car started.
[I do not know what he "professed".]

I had to show him how to turn the ignition
switch all the way over to the start position.

Give the man credit.  It did not take him
too long to grasp the concept.

"Be not wise in your own eyes;"
(Proverbs 3:7 RSV)   


I know another very very intelligent man.
BUT, he can not seem to do the simplest
task correctly.  Perhaps he is too smart.
Of course, he would not want that fact
pointed out to him.

"Claiming to be wise, they become 
fools,"
(Romans 1:22 RSV)


I am beginning to thank God that I am not
too smart.




No comments: