Monday, June 5, 2017

PLAGIARISM



Image courtesy of: www.Pixabay.com


Back in college, around 1958, a guest
speaker one day said something to this effect;

"The person who is original, is one who has
read so broadly that they forgot where they
read it."

Perhaps that is a polite way to say that none 
of us are original, or we just stole it from 
some one else.

Either way, it is one of the failures of 
human nature that is not new.

Back about AD 23-79
Pliny the Elder, the Roman statesman
and philosopher said;

"When collating authorities I have found 
that the most professedly reliable and 
modern writers have copied the old
authors word for word, without
acknowledgement."

God himself around 630 - 580 BC
through the prophet Jeremiah said,

"Therefore, behold, I am against the prophets,
says the Lord, who steal my words from one
another"  (Jeremiah 23:30 RSV)

Perhaps this last quote should be a 
warning to some of our modern preachers
and teachers.

Either way you have seen it on the internet
just as I have.  You see some things posted
by so many people that you do not know
who started it.

Or the thinking of most people.  It is the 
same as the masses who follow some stupid
leader shouting slogans.

It has been well said, "That the masses
are nearly always wrong."

Pardon me, but I want to try to do my
own thinking.



No comments: