Monday, August 28, 2017

A SHORT MEDITATION



Image courtesy of: www.Pixabay.com   

There are a number of things I thoroughly enjoy in life
besides eating.  One of them is watching the hawks in
this area soar around the sky.  Another is being outside
when a storm front comes in. [If it is not too cold.]

This morning sitting on the front porch, enjoying the 
incoming storm front, I saw a hawk soaring above having
a great time.  It was not high, giving me as good look.
I noticed that it keep it's self pointed into the wind, or
the storm if you prefer.  It was taking advantage of the 
storm for it's self.  Shortly more hawks joined it.  There
were a total of seven hawks in a group out for a "joy
fly" in the storm.

What do I learn from this?
God said through St. James:

"Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you
encounter various trials, knowing that the
testing of your faith produces endurance.  And
let endurance have its perfect result, so that you
may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing."
(James 1:2-4 NASB)  

Yesterday was just such a day for me.  It was Monday.
You know about Mondays.  It seemed that everything
I touched went wrong, backwards, to the dogs.  Each
machine gave me trouble and seemed to have other
problems in addition the the one I was attempting to
repair.

But I did remember the above admonition.  It was 
tough.  But throughout the day I kept reminding 
myself of the above Scripture and endured. (Sort of) 

Then last night after some rest and refreshments,
it came back to me real clearly.  On two different
machines that were driving me nuts, God (Not my
mind) clearly lead me in directions that were not 
even in my thinking.  You and I both know that
they begin to work properly then.

When the day was over,
I was able to count it all joy.







No comments: