Friday, August 11, 2017

FUTILITY



This is a picture of futility.
It is made with corn, potatoes and other stuff.

My wife found a recipe that sounded good to her.
Sounded fine to me too.  That is, if she made it.
She started on it the other day.  It was plain old
every day had work.  Husking the corn.  Then cutting
the corn off the cob.  Pealing and cutting up the potatoes,
cooking it for about a day and a half, etc, etc, etc.
In fact, it was so much work she decided she would
never make it again - no matter how it tasted.

It finished up this after noon.  After tasting it -
she threw the recipe away.  I ate a bowl full.
Yes, she did the right thing when she threw the
recipe away.

All the hard work for nothing.  Futility.

I have no idea how much money and time I have
wasted on cars, motorcycles, tools, cameras and other
toys.  All of it was futility.

Years ago I heard a saying that went something like this:

"Only one life it will soon be past,
only what's done for Christ will
last."  

How true.  How true.
So much that I have done over my lifetime was wasted -
futile.  Some day I am going to stand before God and
give an account of my life.  With God's help I want to
make what is left of life count for him.






No comments: