Friday, August 25, 2017

PRIDE

image courtesy of:www.Pixabay.com 


"Pride goes before destruction.
And a haughty spirit before stumbling."
(Proverbs16:18 NASB)


I worked for a man one time that was a nice guy.
Working for him again would be just fine.  But, let's
 just say that he had an excess of "self esteem".


I remember well when he bought the company waiting
for the new business cards to come out.  For some 
reason my interest was in seeing the one for my 
department head, or my boss - not the owner's card.

When the new cards came out it was overwhelming
the way the new owner's pride showed through on the 
card to the exclusion of the department heads position
on the card.


Being acquainted with the truth above, I was stunned
recognizing in an instant that the days of that company
were limited.

The company lasted possibly five or six years.
Then this man's next venture did not succeed.
And the last time I talked to him he was back to
working for some else.

Pride does go before failure.










No comments: