Monday, August 7, 2017

IT'S IN THE ROOTS



My wife tells me this plant is a "squash".
I would not know.  But my wife knows.

I do know that whatever it is, it came up
what they call "volunteer".  At least that 
is what I think they call it.  I had nothing
to do with it.  And, there has never been a
plant like that in that location before.  It
just came up all by it's self.

In fact, I have never watered it or even said
hello to it.  The only thing I have done was
pull a couple of weeds out of the way so you
could see what I am talking about.

But, I noticed something about this plant.
The picture above was taken at about 4:00 p.m.
And the picture below was taken about 7:30 a.m.
the next morning.




This happens every day on the hot days.
[Except rainy days.]  It wilts down in the
after noon, and sprouts back out by the next
morning.  All this without my help or even
a rain.

We both know this is because of the roots
it has.  The roots go down into the soil and
get moisture and nourishment for the plant.

So, what's the point.

You and I are the same way.  If we do not
have roots that are down into "good soil",
we will not be able to recover from the 
heat and droughts of life.

We need to daily get our roots down into
the nourishment of God's word the,
HOLY BIBLE.

If we do not, some day we will dry up
completely and blow away.  Our very
existence in this life and the eternity to
come depends on it.

No comments: