Friday, October 19, 2012

CAGED IN


These rabbits are caged.  For rabbits, they are rather large cages.
The little guy is in a walk in cage that is about 3 ft. x 6 ft.
And the large girl is in a walk in cage that is 6 ft. x 10 ft.

Both seem quite content.  I can work with them and just leave
the door open.  Also I have observed that if some dog or 
other happens to come around, the rabbits just ignore it.
No panic.  They seem to have learned that the cage 
protects them.

I am at a point that I would like to just open the cages and
let the rabbits go.  You know - total freedom.

But I have done that before.  The result would be,
in a couple of days there would only be a few
chunks of fur left.  A dog, cat, raccoon, or fox
would get them.

So, I have to keep them caged for their own protection.



That is why God has laws.
For our own protection.
  
 God cages us in with his laws for our own good.

"Happy are those whose lives are faultless,
who live according to the law of the Lord.
(Psalms 119:1 GNB)

But his cage is large.

"I will live in perfect freedom,
because I try to obey your teachings."
(Psalms 119:45 GNB)

However, God will allow us to walk out the door
away from his laws and commands - at our own
risk.

"Be alert, be on watch!
Your enemy, the Devil, roams around like a lion,
looking for someone to devour."
(1 Peter 5:8 GNB)

When we leave God's cage [His laws and commands.]
We are going to be hurt bad in this life,
and utterly destroyed in the next.








No comments: