Friday, July 7, 2017

DO YOU WANT WHAT YOU PRAYED FOR?




Image courtesy of:www.Pixabay.com


Years ago I heard a song that said something like"
"... he got what he wanted . . . lost what he had."

It seemed to me that the idea was, he was worse
off for getting what he wanted.  That is not a new
thing.  At one time the nation of Israel faced a 
similar situation.  They complained to God for
something, BUT.

"he gave them what they asked,
but sent a wasting disease among them."
(Psalms 106:15 RSV)      

Looks like they lost out for wanting the wrong
thing.  I take that as a warning to myself about
what I want.  Would it be good for me, or bad
for me.

Another place we are told:

"You do not have, because you do not ask.
You ask and do not receive, because you
ask wrongly, to spend it on your passions."
(James 4:2,3 RSV)

I do not know about you.  But I had better check
with God first about what I ask for.










No comments: