Friday, December 15, 2017

PATH TO REST


Image courtesy of: +www.Pixabay.com  


Rest.  Real rest for my body, mind and soul.

Especially this time of the year.
The merchants are hounding you to get your money.
Your family is pushing you to keep up with the season.
And the politicians are screaming at you because they
want you to help them in their folly.
And all we want is real rest through and through.

I don't know about you, but I am sick of new fangled,
complicated gadgets that are more difficult to use and
less reliable in addition.  It seems that anytime I let
my computer be "updated" I'm further behind.

Location and peace and quiet help.  But we need
something that goes deeper than that.  Yet most of
us have turned aside from the real source of rest.
Like the nation of Israel of old, we have gone our
own ways, and we are paying the price for it.
God's recommendation to them is valid for us today.

"Thus says the LORD,
'Stand by the ways and see and ask for
the ancient paths,  Where the good way is,
and walk in it;
And you will find rest for your souls."
(Jeremiah 6:16 NASB)  

Do you want REST, real REST.
Turn from the way you are going now and 
go to Jesus Christ.  He said,

"Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden,
and I will give you rest.  Take My yoke upon you
and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble
in heart, and YOU WILL FINED REST FOR YOUR
SOULS.  for My yoke is easy and My burden is light."
(Matthew 11:28-30 NASB)  











No comments: