Friday, April 6, 2018

BROKEN FOR A PUROSE


Image courtesy of: www.Pixabay.com   

"Cowboys" (and girls)  tell me that a horse has to
be "broken" to be any good.  I am inclined to believe
that.

The only horse I ever owned we bought for the kids.
Apparently the horse was not broken for kids or for 
me.  When I got rid of it, my hope was that it went 
to the glue factory.  I just wanted it out of here.   That
is why ultimately I went back to motorcycles.  They 
do not have a mind of their own.

But the world is full of a lot more problems than just
problem horses.  You know by now that life is full
of problems, trials and tests.  God allows these for a 
number of reasons.  They can test our faith, strengthen
our faith or change the coarse of our life etc.  But
there is at least one more purpose that God has had
to use, with myself anyway.

Just as a horse has to be broken to submit to the 
will of it's owner.  We have to be "broken" to be
obedient to God.  Not only do the Scriptures tell
us that we cannot serve both God and money.
But they teach us that we cannot serve ourself
and God.

I do not know how many times I have faced
an insurmountable problem because God was
trying to get my attention and I needed to be 
"broken" before God so that he could use me.

Consider the possibility that huge problem or
mess of problems in your life might be a loving
God trying to get your attention to keep you from
destroying yourself.

"Submit therefore to God.  Resist the devil
and he will flee from you.  Draw near to God
and He will draw near to you..."
(James 4:7,8a NASB)   










No comments: