Wednesday, November 14, 2018

MAKE ME LIKE GARLIC



I have a garlic bed that I want to convert over to something
else.  That is, a bed of something else.

You gardeners can laugh at me all you want.  I cannot hear
you from here.  But my futile efforts go something like this.
I first took the rototiller and went through the bed tilling it
up real fine and throwing out all the garlic bulbs I found.
Thinking I was ready to plant the next crop something delayed
me a few weeks.

Ha, ha, ha, ha.  
In that couple of weeks a whole mess of garlic started
growing again.  So, I hand dug them up, and,threw them 
in a bucket.  I did not want to let them grow somewhere 
else resulting in my simply dumping them on an old 
out side work bench about October the sixth or a few days
 before. That is the image above.

In the mean time I have done nothing, nothing, nothing,
to help the unwanted garlic.  They were left there on the 
bench to die.  In the image below you can see they have
gathered some fall leaves, but look, they are growing 
there on that wooden bench on November the ninth.


Back to the bed.
I thought I had it taken care of this time.  WRONG.
Small garlic plants began coming up about the size of
grass.  I tried raking them all out, or so I thought.  It
looked good - for a few days.  Then more small plants.

You guessed it.
I have not planted anything else in there yet.

What is my point?
God put life in a garlic plant that can be real hard to
kill out.  Because I have a relationship with Jesus Christ
I have the life of God in me also.  And I want that life to
be as tenacious in me as garlic's life is in it.

But garlic stinks.
If you smell it on someone's breath, yep.
But if you smell garlic bread being made,
you get hungry.  And, garlic is good for you too.

Regarding a Christian.  By that I mean a real 
Christian, somebody who has whole heartedly
turned to God and taken Jesus Christ into their 
life to be their Lord and master.  The Apostle 
Paul has this to say; 

"For we are a fragrance of Christ to God
among those who are being saved and among
those who are perishing; to the one an aroma
from death to death, to the other an aroma
from life to life."  
(2 Corinthians 2:15,16 NASB) 

May God help me make my life a pleasing fragrance
or aroma to God even if it "stinks" to the world.









No comments: