Thursday, December 12, 2019

LET YOUR LIGHT SHINE


I know.  Those are icicles.  But icicles do not 
shine or spark by themselves.  Their light has
to come from somewhere else.

I was looking out a window of my "hide a way"
in the woods right after a heavy rain.  The trees
had water hanging all over them.  Then I noticed
the cedar tree closest to the window and it had
two beautiful small blue lights in it.  You know
what they were.  Two of the drops of water just
happened to be aligned correctly to act as a 
prism with the sun shinning on them. 

The beauty I was seeing was the sun shinning
through the drops of water.  But only, if in the
correct alignment with the sun.

Jesus Christ said:

"You are the light of the world -"  
(Matthew 5:14 NLT)

But how am I to shine when there is no light
in me?  I am like the icicle or the drop of water
or prism.  I have no light in myself.

"Jesus spoke to the people once more and said,
'I am the light of the world. ... "  
(John 8:12 NLT)

There is our clue.
When we submit ourselves to Jesus Christ 
and invite Him to come into our lives taking
over not only as Saviour, Lord and master -
then we have the light in us that the world 
needs to see.



No comments: