Wednesday, February 20, 2019

JOY

Image courtesy of: www.Pixabay.com    


"Dear brothers and sisters, when troubles come
your way, consider it an opportunity for great
joy.  For you know that when you faith is tested,
your endurance has a chance to grow.  So let it 
grow, for when your endurance is fully developed,
you will be perfect and complete, needing nothing."
(James 1:2-4 NLT)

I have lived longer than most of you.  One of the things
I have noticed over all these years is that life is full
of problems, pains, disappointments, trials etc.  That
is simply life.  But why does God let it be that way?

I have been a student [at least a reader] of the Holy 
Bible for over sixty years.  And the thing I am finally
beginning to see is God has a purpose in all this turmoil.

One.  If we did not have all these problems we would
think that we could handle it.  We would not realize
that very little is really under our control.  And instead
of seeking God for help, we would slide straight into
the Devil's hell.


Two.  Once we turn to God and give him control 
over our lives, the problems continue, BUT.  
The purpose is different.  Let me explain.

In our area there are some big buildings that they
call, "gyms".  Now I have not been in them.  I have
too much work to do to spend time there.  But they
tell me that people actually pay money to go in there
and "work out".  They work hard on a machine going
no where just to work up a sweat or get sore muscles.
You get the point, all that effort is for the health of 
their bodies.

After I am the property of God, all the trials, tests,
hardships, disappointments etc. are used to develop
me into the person God wants me to be.  Then when
this life is over I will be the kind of person He wants 
me to be in body and spirit.

Yes these problems hurt.  But I am happy to know
that in the end God is using them to help me.




No comments: