Wednesday, February 6, 2019

MY DEFENDER


Image courtesy of: www.Pixabay.com     

If I were to run a stop sign and cause a serious
accident, you can bet that I would be in need
of an attorney, lawyer, advocate, defender or
what ever you choose to call them.  I would be
in serious trouble and need their help for breaking
the law.

Life is like that.  I have no idea how many of 
God's stop signs I have run or how much 
trouble for myself or others I have caused.
Yet like yourself, one day I am going to have
to stand before all mighty God and give an 
account for all those failures of mine.

But I have a defender, attorney, lawyer and
advocate all wrapped up in one  - JESUS CHRIST.

It is common knowledge that Jesus came to
die as a sacrifice in our place - if we will 
accept that fact, and that through him my
sins can be forgiven.

But there is something else that we give 
little attention to.  Read this short portion
from the Holy Bible;

"But because Jesus lives forever, his
priesthood lasts forever.  Therefore he
is able, once and forever, to save those
who come to God through him.  He lives
forever to intercede with God on their
behalf."
(Hebrews 7:24,25 NLT)    

See that last sentence.  Jesus of course 
lives forever and he will intercede with
God on my behalf for ever.

That in it's self should encourage me for
the rest of my life.





No comments: