Wednesday, September 25, 2019

HOW TO LAY DOWN LIFE'S LOADS

Image courtesy of: www.Pixabay.com.  


I have noticed an interesting phenomenon in my life a
few times that did not make sense to me at the 
time.  That of course is because I am not as smart
as you are.

However reading in my Bible a few days ago
I read one of the Psalms that stood out differently
this time and to myself explained why things 
worked the way they do.

You see I am not perfect like you are.  Sometimes
I plain old every day mess up.  And by that I mean
I do not always live the way God wants me to.  And
generally then things begin to drag or the luster of
life disappears and sometimes even my body just
don't feel as good as it should. 

But I have noted that when I went to God in a
really honest serious way and intended to do 
differently things changed.  Simply a "sorry"
God in passing does not do it.

Here is the portion of Scripture that helped 
me get a better grasp on the situation.  

"When I refused to confess my sin,
my body wasted away,
and I groaned all day long.
Day and night your hand of discipline
was heavy on me.
My strength evaporated like water
in the summer heat.
Finally I confessed all my sins to you
and stopped trying to hide my guilt.
I said to myself, 'I will confess my rebellion
to the LORD.'
And you forgave me!  All my guilt is gone." 
(Psalms 32:3 - 5 NLT)

I know from the Scriptures that there are some
"sins" that will actually effect our bodies.
So, there was not only the guilt of displeasing 
God by my actions, but it actually was "dragging"
my body down.

But when I took it to God in a really
serious honest way seeking his forgiveness
usually by the next day I was back on the 
top of life enjoying the goodness of God.

Is your life weighted down in one way or
another?  Is the luster and joy of life gone?
Then go to God and honestly turn it all over
to Him as it were, taking Him by the hand
with the full intent of walking and living 
with and for Him.




No comments: