Wednesday, February 19, 2020

MORE FUTILITY


More wisdom from Solomon.

"So I decided to compare wisdom with foolishness
and madness (for who can do this better than I
the king).  I thought, 'Wisdom is better than 
foolishness, just as light is better than darkness.
For the wise can see where they are going, but
fools walk in the dark.'  Yet I saw that the wise
and the foolish share the same fate."
(Ecclesiastes 2:12 - 14 NLT)

No matter how wise you or I are.  Nor how
foolish the other person is, we all will share
the same fate,  that is, the grave and having
to answer to God who gave us life.

Again our focus needs to be on our appointment
with the day we stand before our maker - God.

"I came to hate all my hard work here on earth,
for I must leave to others everything I have earned."
(Ecclesiastes 2:18 NLT)

Just an observation here.  I probably have lived 
longer than you have and may have seen something
more often as a result.  But you have seen it too.

MOST INHERITANCES ARE PLAIN AND 
SIMPLE SQUANDERED.

There was an old saying when I was growing 
up that said;

"Grandpa earned it.
Son held it.
Grandson lost it."

Really, do I need to say anything more.

"So I decided there is nothing better than to
enjoy food and drink and to find satisfaction
in work.  Then I realize that these pleasures
are from the hand of God."
 (Ecclesiastes 2:24 NLT)

More observations on my part.

I personally do not believe in "retirement".
It will cause an early demise if nothing else.
But mankind was not made to retire.

I know, I am retired.  I worked until I was 75
years old and only retired then because the 
company I worked for shutdown.  That was
many years ago.  And in the work I was involved
in nobody wanted an old man.

So, I volunteer and stay busy all I can depending
on my health at the time.

However, many years ago I noticed that most 
retired people are "BORED".  So they are always
looking for something to do.

My best friend retired the earliest he possibly could.
You guessed it.  He comes over to visit and see if 
there is something he can do.

There is a satisfaction in doing things.  The satisfaction
for accomplishing something can be ever bit as 
satisfying, or more, as wining some kind of game or 
other that actually accomplishes nothing.










No comments: