Wednesday, April 14, 2021

I HAVE PROOF


A number of years ago I bought a small patch of woods
just for a place to hide in.  You know, to get out of town
for a few hours or a day or two.

First, get the location in your mind.  I live in the Ozarks and
the patch of woods I bought are over in Madison County
Arkansas.  This would be approximately 600 miles from
the closest ocean - the gulf of Mexico.  And the government
topo maps show the elevation of this property to be 2000 feet 
above sea level.  This is just about the top of the hill the
property is on.

More to the point.
As I begin to wander around these woods I kept finding
sea shell fossils laying around on the ground.  They were
just laying there.  I did not even have to dig them up.  I 
have no idea how many I have found.  Some of them I have
passed on to grandkids.

I talked to the neighbor who owns a large tract of land
behind mine.  She told me that they also have these
sea shell fossils laying all over the place.

How did they get there?

SIMPLE

They are proof that what God said is true:

"The LORD observed the extent of human 
wickedness on the earth, and he saw that
everything they thought or imagined was 
consistently and totally evil.   So the LORD
was sorry he had ever made them and put 
them on the earth.  It broke his heart.  And
the LORD said, 'I will wipe this human race
I have created from the face of the earth."
(Genesis 6: 5 -7 NLT)

Then God brought the deluge or what many
of us call Noah's flood.  It wiped out all of
mankind, except Noah and his family.

But notice the extent of the flood;

"Finally, the water covered even the highest
mountains on the earth, rising more than
went-two feet above the highest peaks."
(Genesis 7:19,20 NLT)

That includes even my little patch of woods
right here in Arkansas.

I enjoy getting over there for a period of time out.
But I think even more, I own property with proof
that the Holy Bible is true.

 

No comments: