Wednesday, September 8, 2021

PROSPERITY


"Yet true godliness with content-
ment is itself great wealth.  After all,
we brought nothing with us when
we came into the world, and we
can't take anything with us when we
leave it.  So if we have enough food
and clothing, let us be content.
But people who long to be rich
fall into temptation and are trapped
by many foolish and harmful de-
sires that plunge them into ruin and
destruction.  For the love of money
is the root of all kinds of evil.  And
some people, craving money, have
wandered from the true faith and 
pierced themselves with many
sorrows." 
(1 Timothy 6:6-10 NLT)

"Don't store up treasures here on 
earth, where moths eat them and 
rust destroys them, and where
thieves break in and steal.  Store
your treasures in heaven, where
moths and rust cannot destroy, and
thieves do not break in and steal.
Wherever your treasure is, there
the desires of your heart will also be.
(Matthew 6:19-21 NLT)

As I travel through this old world I want
to travel light.  Instead of loading myself 
down with the weight of "things" or "stuff" 
let me turn all of that expense and effort in
to treasures in heaven instead of just 
something else to take care of.

This worlds "things" will be gone at my 
death.  But what I have put into the work
of God will be a treasure I will have 
forever.





 

No comments: