Sunday, October 24, 2021

BRIGHTEN THE CORNER WHERE YOU ARE.

 


I have outlived most of my contemporaries
and would image I am getting close to the 
end of my life here on earth.

But when I reflect back on my life why were
there no great accomplishments for Christ?
For more than sixty years I have wanted to
do great things for Christ.  But, they did not
happen.

Is it very possible that we have been taking
the attitude of the world in wanting to do
great things?

The Lord seems to be drawing a thought 
to my mind.  Is it my mind that wants to 
do great things, but not the will of God for
me?  Is it something else he has in mind
for me?

Remember, it is God that gives us the 
gifts he wants us to have.  He is the one
who gives us our strengths - and perhaps
weaknesses.  He teaches us;

"It is the one and only Spirit who
distributes all these gifts.  He alone
decides which gift each person should
have."
(1 Corinthians 12:11 NLT)

Perhaps I am wanting someone else's gift
and need to consider the little spot God 
has placed me in.

Christ tells us that we cannot even get
into the kingdom of Heaven unless we
become like little children.  The Lord
seems to have been impressing on my 
mind the children's song written by
Ina D. Ogdon back in 1913.

"Do not wait until some deed of greatness you may do,
Do not wait to shed your light afar;
To the many duties ever near you now be true,
Brighten the corner where you are.
Refrain:
Brighten the corner where you are!
Brighten the corner where you are!
Someone far from harbor you may guide across the bar; 
Brighten the corner where you are!"


No comments: