Wednesday, February 9, 2022

SO YOU BELIEVE IN GOD




"You say you have faith, for you
believe that there is one God. Good
for you!  Even the demons believe
this, and they tremble in terror."
(James 2:19 NLT)

How many people do you know that profess
to be "Christians" because they believe in God.
But there is nothing any different between them
and everybody else in the world.

Consider what Jesus said to the crowds that
were following him:

"Not every who calls out to me,
Lord! Lord! will enter the kingdom
of Heaven.  Only those who actually
do the will of my Father in heaven
will enter.  On Judgment day many
will say to me, 'Lord! Lord!  We
prophesied in your name and cast
out demons in your name and per-
formed many miracles in your
name.'  But I will reply, 'I never
knew you.  Get away from me, you
who break God's laws.'"
(Matthew 7:21-23 NLT)

This is the "scariest" portion of Scripture
I know.  I've never cast out any demons
or preformed any miracles and if they 
can't make it how can I?

The first thing we need to see is that 
all these great works were done "in the
name of Jesus."  And a close study of 
the Scriptures will show us that the power
is in the name of Jesus.  Not the person
using it or because they were extra close
to God.  The power was in the name they
were using, that is JESUS.

Second you will notice that Jesus is 
telling them they were not obedient to
him.

Third Jesus said, "I never knew you."
Simple, we have to be in a relationship
with Jesus Christ.

Knowing that there is a God or about
God is simply not enough.  We need
to snuggle up close to Jesus and the
starting place is being obedient to him
making him LORD of our lives.

Meet me at the feet of Jesus.




 

No comments: