Wednesday, November 29, 2017

MY DELIGHT



Image courtesy of: www.Pixabay.com   

We delight over different things.  Often many things.
If I suggested "chocolate" many would join me in 
voting for it.  But what is it that is the deep controlling
delight that drives us?  The main delight that controls
our life and longings?

The delight(s) of our life effect the productiveness, wellbeing 
and especially our relationship to God himself.

Jesus Christ tells of some that had the Word of God,
but:

"As for what was sown among thorns, this
is he who hears the word, but the cares of
the world and the delight in riches choke the
word, and it proves unfruitful."
(Matthew 13:22 RSV)  

This very truth is the driving focus of many Churches
today.  We delight in the things God can provide for us.
And people love to hear about it.

However, it's end result is disaster.

But consider a man who is a hero to this day.
King Dave.  A man whom God himself said
was a man after God's on heart.

Where was his delight?

"I delight to do thy will, O my God;
thy law is within my heart."
(Psalms 40:8 RSV)

With the help of God I want to shift my
delight from the things of this world to 
doing the will of God.












No comments: