Wednesday, January 24, 2018

HEART PROBLEMS


Image courtesy of: www.Pixabay.com   

Last night God brought one of his blessings to my mind.
Let me share it with you.

When I was in my early teens the family doctor detected
that I had a heart mummer.  [What ever that is.] The doctor
attempted to cure it with something or other that did not work.

Then when I was about eighteen or nineteen the draft called
me in for a physical.  Yep, I was rejected because of my 
heart.  I was issued a 4-F.

When later married, and having three children my income
came from selling life insurance.  With a growing family
having an insurance policy would be a wise move.  So I
applied for a life insurance policy with the company I worked
for.  That required a physical.  I was rejected because of my
heart by the company I sold for.

My staff manager crawled all over the company because 
they would not issue a policy to one of their employees.
So I was sent in to company headquarters or some place
where all kinds of tests were done on me.  They did relent
enough to sell me a "rated policy".  That means I had to 
pay a lot extra for the policy.

Oh!
I dropped the policy about forty years ago.

What is my point?

In about three weeks I will be eighty four years old.
Though not as strong as I used to be, I still whip a
chainsaw around, spit wood, repair my own vehicles
and donate time to a family camp working on trucks,
tractors and what ever.

I feel like God has given me the last laugh.
Why?  I have done nothing to overcome the problem,
but these two verses of Scripture could sum up why
I have made it this far.

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed,
for I am your God.  I will strengthen you and help you;
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."
-Isaiah 41:10

"Dear friend, I pray that you may enjoy good health and
that all my go well with you, even as your soul is getting
along well."
-3 John 1:3














No comments: