Monday, January 8, 2018

YOU CANNOT DO IT YOURSELF.


Image courtesy of: www.Pixabay.com  

I have lived a lot longer than you have and in all that 
time the thing of "New Year's Resolutions" has been
a joke.

You know the attitude about New Year's Resolutions as
well as I.  Or, for that matter any Resolutions we make.
True, sometimes we make one and by shear grit and 
determination we manage to keep it - at least for a while.

The reason for this failure or short coming is simple.
It is the human nature that we have.  The nature we 
have in us tends to pull us down, not up.  To destroy
us, not build us up.  If you do not believe me, you
have not lived very long yet, or been observant of life
at large. 

However there is good news.
Jesus Christ, the author of human life its self wants
to help on the matter.  He not only offered himself as
an sacrifice for our sinfulness - if we will accept it,
but he wants to literally come into us and give us the
strength of God to overcome in life.  We simply need
to turn to him, submit to the Lordship of Jesus and
ask him to come in and take over.  Then with Isaiah
the prophet we can say;

"Behold, God is my salvation,
I will trust and not be afraid;
For the LORD GOD is my strength and song,
And He has become my salvation."
(Isaiah 12:2 NASB)  
















No comments: