Friday, April 10, 2020

I WOULD FLY AWAY AND REST




I do not know about you.  But I am getting really
tired of all the misinformation and lies that have 
been fed to the public the last few weeks.  It is 
becoming obvious that the "crises" is being fueled
and used in an effort to bring the whole world under
government control - no matter what country you 
live in - a world controlled by the government.

God's word told us these days were coming, and 
here they are, whether we like it or not.

But being so tired of it all the 55th Psalm made
a real impression on me today.  The Scriptures
quoted are from Psalm 55 in the NLT.

This is king David pleading with God when he
was in a whole lot of trouble by those who hated
him.  His troubles were not the same as yours
and mine, but we can learn where to go by them.

"Listen to my prayer, O God.
Do not ignore my cry for help!
Please listen and answer me,
for I am overwhelmed by my
troubles."  
(Verses 1,2)

And king David wanted out of it just like 
you and I would.

"Oh, that I had wings like a dove;
then I would fly away and rest!
I would fly far away
to the quiet of the wilderness.
How quickly I would escape -
far from this wild storm of hatred."
(Verses 6 - 8)

We know that in time David was delivered
out of these troubles and in the next to last
verse in this chapter he gives us the necessary
clue for the help we need.

"Give your burdens to the LORD,
and he will take care of you.
He will not permit the godly to
slip and fall."  
(Verse 22)





No comments: