Wednesday, April 8, 2020

I'M NOT THERE YET




My life is not one of constant accomplishment and
success like yours is.  I have to admit that I often
fail to live as God would have me to and seem to
have few if any accomplishments.  In fact, I often
want to just go hide or disappear.  Or even simply
tell God I've had enough.

That is one reason that this comment made by
Erwin W. Lutzer in his book
Failure The Back Door to Success
makes such a impression on me.


"Bible records and church history reveal to us that
many of God's servants have at times handed God
their resignation." 

Well, at least I'm not the only one.  So, I will try
to take the example of the apostle Paul when
writing from a prison cell in Rome near the end
of his life.

"I don't mean to say that I have already
achieved these things or that I have already
reached perfection.  But I press on to possess
that perfection for which Christ Jesus first
possessed me. No, dear brothers and sisters,
 I have not achieved it, but I focus on this one 
thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward 
to what lies ahead, I press on to reach the end
of the race and receive the heavenly prize for 
which God, through Christ Jesus, is calling 
us."  (Philippians 3:12 - 14 NLT)  








No comments: