Sunday, January 3, 2021

THE REBEL FORGIVEN



I know, you and I are not rebels.
Well, we don't think we are.
But, look at one of the several definitions
of "rebel" from the dictionary.

"2 a person who resists any authority 
or controls"

We don't resist authority or controls do we,
except speed limits and a few other things.

But how about in our relationship to God
Himself???  How many times do we (I) do
things, think things, see things we know God
does not want us to do, think etc?

When we do it, think it or what ever,
and we know that is not what God would
want us to do.  WE ARE REBELLING
AGAINST GOD.

So we are rebels after all.

Consider Hebrews 12:1 (NLT)
"Therefore, since we are surrounded
by such a huge crowd of witnesses to
the life of faith, let us strip off every
weight that slows us down, especially
the sin that so easily trips us up.  And
let us run with endurance the race God
has set before us."

I am not as perfect as you are.  Some times
I mess up, again and again.  Then I know
that I am guilty of rebelling against God.
And as a child of God His Holy Spirit
convicts me of my wrong doing.  And 
that can, and should hurt.  So what should
I do."

"Finally, I confessed all my sins to you
and stopped trying to hide my guilt.
I said to myself, 'I will confess my
rebellion to the LORD.'  And you 
forgave me!  All my guilt is gone." 
(Psalms 32:5 NLT)

Praise God, I confess to Him.
God forgives me.
And my guilt is gone.







 

No comments: