Sunday, January 10, 2021

WHAT IS YOUR CHARACTERISTIC?


What is your characteristic?
What image, or impression  do you portray
to other people whether natural or acquired?
Just what type of person are you?



I knew a woman very well for over twenty five years.
I finally formed the opinion that she was not happy 
unless she was going crazy planning something.

Or, I had a good friend years ago that worried about
everything.


You have seen them all over.  Some of them are real bikers
and most of them are just trying to give the image of being
a biker.

One time I was talking with a customer at work.  I was 
showing her my "leathers". [Yes, I rode year around for
many years.  But you can be sure I did not try to look 
like a biker.]  Anyway, she told me how when her husband
go on his motorcycle he became a completely different man.
You know what kind of characteristic he wanted to portray.



Or perhaps a hot rodder.
You know, every time they pull up to a stop they have to 
race their motors so people will know what a powerful
car or pickup they have.



Smart, intelligent.
You run into this type very often.  You learn that they are
careful how they express themselves about anything so 
that it is not obvious that there might be something 
they don't know.




I am getting to old to worry about making an impression
on other people.  Franky, it is all futile and silly.  I am 
getting too close to that time when I will be standing before
God and giving an account of myself.

But, God gives us some clear instructions through the
Apostle Paul how we are to live and react in this life.
And, I WANT TO BE THAT WAY, I want it to be
the characteristic of my life.

"Don't worry about anything;
instead,
pray about everything.
Tell God what you need,
and thank him for all he has done.
Then you will experience God's peace,
which exceeds anything we can understand.
His peace will guard your hearts and minds
as you live in Christ Jesus." 
(Philippians 4:6,7 NLT)   

I want my characteristics to be:

1.  I don't worry about anything.  I leave it all
in God's hands.

2. I pray about everything and tell God what I need.
["everything".  I cannot get over the magnitude of
that.  You know, even a sore toe, how to comb my
hair, what to think, etc.]

3. I thank God for everything.




No comments: