Wednesday, May 5, 2021

IT DIDN'T WORK



IT DIDN'T WORK.

My book came in yesterday afternoon,
about 20 hours ago.  So far I have read
115 pages.  And my blood pressure is still
the same it was yesterday.

Will it even do me any good to read the
rest of the 400 pages?

You see the problem as well as I do.
You have to read it AND apply it.  I
have not changed my eating habits
or life style habits - yet.

It looks to me like that is the way a lot 
of people read their Bible.  They read it,
only read it, but do not follow it's advice.
But they still expect it to do them some
good.

That is probably the reason Jesus said
to some of the people he was talking to;

"When you hear what I say,
you will not understand.
When you see what I do,
you will to comprehend.
For the hearts of these people
are hardened,
and their ears cannot hear,
and they have closed their eyes -
so their eyes cannot see,
and their ears cannot hear,
and their hearts cannot
understand,
and they cannot turn to me
and let me heal them."
(Matthew 13:14,15 NLT)

Do you read your Bible as a 
religious ritual, or to understand
it?




 

No comments: