Sunday, May 2, 2021

NEW STRENGTH

 



"But those who trust in the LORD will
find new strength.  They will soar high
on wings like eagles.  They will run and
not grow weary.  They will walk and not
faint." 
(Isiah 40:31 NLT)



So, what does a verse of Scripture have to
do with some pictures of old tree stumps
around the yard?

Let me bore. you with a little back ground.
Then hopefully it will make more sense.

Back when I was younger - only 79 - my body
quit making blood.  You may not know it, but
you have to have blood to live.  They called
it "acquired aplastic anemia", what ever that
is.  I was in the hospital four different times
for a week each.  And I was living on other 
peoples blood for at least a year or more.

God gave me healing, but that is another story.

I am only 87 years old now, but lately I have 
been feeling like the end was coming.  I was
just running out of gas and wondered how long
it might before I followed my wife in death.

I try to pray about everything.  That of course
includes life it's self.  And the one verse of 
Scripture that kept coming to my mind was 
the one above.

I kept reminding the Lord that I needed strength.
And that I trusted, waited on, or hoped in him.
[Depending on what version you are reading from.]

I felt the need to get out and "get with it", or do
something.  So the last two weeks I have been
taking old tree stumps out of the yard.  Thus
far I have only taken out three.  

BUT PRAISE GOD,
it has made me feel like a new man.

God did supply the strength needed.



No comments: