Wednesday, June 9, 2021

PUT IT INTO PRACTICE



One time when I was an auto mechanic they put
a young man in as a mechanic in the stall besides 
me.  He had gone to the Ford training school in 
the neighboring state.

He had to ask me which way to turn a bolt.

Had he ever had as much as a wrench in his hand?
Was all that he had a bunch of theory?
What was missing?


I see a lot of "Church folks" that same way.
They can tell you what the Preacher said.
They can quote you a memory verse.
They can even state some theological position.

But their life is no different than anyone else's.

We have to get the Bible out of our head and
down into our heart, life and actions or it will
no do us any good.

"Not everyone who calls out to me,
Lord! Lord! will enter the Kingdom
of Heaven.  Only those who actually
do the will of my Father in heaven
will enter.  On judgment day many
will say to me,  'Lord! Lord!  We
prophesied in your name and per-
formed many miracles in your
name.'  But I will reply, 'I never
knew you. Get away from me, you
who break God's laws."  
(Matthew 7:21 - 23 NLT)




 

No comments: