Wednesday, June 16, 2021

WEEDS, WEEDS AND MORE WEEDS

 


I was ashamed to take a picture of my garlic patch.
I had neglected it so badly for several years it looked
awful, so I borrowed a picture instead.

The garlic beds were of course full of weeds.  This
crowded the garlic out making it look sick and skinny.
Those of you who raise garlic know that it is a very
hardy plant.  It will take a lot of abuse.  But even garlic
has it's limits.

Then I begin to wonder.  Am I doing that in my own
life spiritually?  Am I letting weeds crowd the vitality
of my spiritual life?

Remember when Jesus gave the parable of the farmer
scattering seed around.  Some fell on hard soil, some
on rocky soil and the one that stands out to me in 
particular is that which fell among the thorns.

"The seed that fell among the thorns represents
others who hear God's word, but all to quickly
the message is crowded out by the worries of
this life, the lure of wealth, and the desire for
things, so no fruit is produced."
(Mark 4:18,19 NLT)

It is time for me to get back and do some 
gardening, or weeding in the spiritual realm
in my own life.

"Search me, O God, and know my heart;
test me and know my anxious thoughts.
Point out anything in me that offends you,
and lead me along the path of everlasting
life."  
(Psalms 139:23, 24 NLT)


No comments: