Sunday, June 27, 2021

TOO SMART FOR OUR OWN GOOD.

 


TOO SMART FOR OUR OWN GOOD.

Around sixty years ago when I really began
to dig into the study of the Bible I remember
wanting to be the smartest one in the group
or Church about the Bible.  [I would not have
admitted it.]. I began to learn all the neat 
theological terms and positions.  I wanted to 
know it all.

But do you know what?
I never once healed anybody.
I never once drove out a demon.
I never once performed a miracle.
But I knew some big words.

Over the years I have read far and wide.
Yes, God still words miracles.  God still
heals people.  God still drives our demons.
But it seems that most of the time it is where
the people are just simple minded people.
They just simply believe God and take Him
at His word.  And then God works.

Perhaps that is why the Apostle Paul said;

"Our dedication to Christ makes
us look like fools, but you claim to
be so wise in Christ!  We are weak,
but you are so powerful!  You are
honored, but we are ridiculed."
(1 Corinthians 4:10 NLT)

I think that is why Jesus attitude is beginning
to become so alluring to me when he said;

"I tell you the truth, unless you turn
from your sins and become like little
children, you will never get into the
Kingdom of Heaven."
(Matthew 18:3 NLT)
[I know, I have quoted it before and will again.]

OH!
On a closing note.
By now God has seen fit to perform some
pure miracles on my behalf and it was 
not because I was smart, even about the 
Bible.



No comments: