Wednesday, May 25, 2022

CONTENT

 


"Not that I was ever in need, 
for I have learned how to be
content with whatever I have.
I know how to live on almost
nothing or with everything.  I
have learned the secret of living
in every situation, whether it
is with a full stomach or empty,
with plenty or little.  For I can do
everything through Christ, who
gives me strength."
(Philippians 4:11-13 NLT)

How much of life's stresses, strains, pains,
weariness and longings come because we
are not content simply with life's necessities.
We want more of something or other.

You like myself have read or heard numbers
of times over your life time of people who 
have everything.  The have fame and fortune,
they have it all - but they still commit suicide
because they are discontent about something.
[Meaning they lack a relationship God.]


"Yet true godliness with contentment
is itself great wealth.  After all, we
brought nothing with us when we
came into the world, and we can't
take anything with us when we leave
it.  So if we have enough food and 
clothing, let us be content."
(1 Timothy 6:6-8 NLT)

If I am going to seek for something or
long for something - let it be godliness.
Let me seek a closer relationship to 
Jesus Christ and let him worry about 
the rest.

"Don't love money; be satisfied
with what you have.  For God has said
'I will never fail you.
I will never abandon you.'"
(Hebrews 13:5 NLT)



No comments: