Sunday, May 29, 2022

DAVID'S SECRET OF SUCCESS

 


"The one thing I ask of the LORD -
the thing I seek most - is to live
in the house of the LORD all the
days of my life, delighting in the
LORD'S perfections and 
meditating in his Temple."
(Psalms 27:4 NLT)

You and I both know that King David was
only human like the rest of us.  But what 
made him "a man after God's own heart"
and he still messed up so bad at times.
God knew before hand that David would
mess up badly.  Yet, in a sense David was
still one of God's favorites.

Over the years I have often thought of it
this way.  David had a "compass" in him
that always pointed toward God.  When 
David would fall and fail, yes the compass
spun in circles.  But when David settled
down, the compass quit spinning and went
back to pointing at God.

But I see three things in this one verse about
King David.
1.  He wanted "to live in the house of the Lord
all the days of" his life.  To me and in this 
different age that means that David wanted
to be in God's presence, or have God's 
presence ALL the time.
2. "delighting in the LORD'S perfection"..
Or, as some versions put it, "admiring"
the Lord all the time.  That to me is true
worship of the Lord
3."meditating in his Temple", or seeking
the Lord's advice or leading - on every
thing.

I want to live in God's presence too.
I want to give God the worship he deserves.
I want to seek God's leading in all I do.

No comments: