Wednesday, June 8, 2022

FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS

 


FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS.

What instructions?
The ones Jesus gave me.
Not those to Noah or Joseph.

Let me review what Jesus said
then we will get back to the picture.

"That is why I tell you not to 
worry about everyday life - whether
you have enough food and drink, or
enough clothes to wear.  Isn't life
more than clothing"?  Look at the
birds.  They don't plant or harvest or
store food in barns, for your heavenly
Father feeds them.  And aren't
you far more valuable to him than
they are?  Can all your worries add
a single moment to your life?
(verses 25 - 27 then verse 34
Matthew 6 NLT)
"So don't worry about tomorrow,
for tomorrow will bring its own
worries.  Today's trouble is enough
for today." 

Many years ago I tried to emulate Noah
and/or Joseph.  I was looking forward to 
the potential problems of today.  So, I
built a bomb shelter in case of nuclear
attack.  I bought a truck load of survival
food.  I put tools and anything I could 
think of needing in it.

The little tools above are some of the small
tools that were in the shelter.  Just like the
shelter, food and other supplies -
TOTALLY USELESS - NOW.

If I had followed Jesus instructions to me
instead of choosing my own instructions
I would be money (lots of money)  ahead.
And all that time and effort I spent on 
preparing for trouble could have been spent
on something useful.
But no, it was wasted.



No comments: