Wednesday, October 5, 2022

GOD KNOWS BEST.


This old computer brings some things to mind
about how God knows what I need best.

Twenty some years ago I wanted this old
computer real bad.  I do not remember why.
All I remember it that I wanted to get home
to my computer and buy this computer at 
the "buy it now" price before someone else 
got it.

But, the auto agency I was working for sent
me and a fellow employee from Fayetteville,
Arkansas down to Fort Smith to pick up an
automobile and bring back to Fayetteville.
That kept me from getting home to "buy it 
now" before the bidding started.

So, I had to get in on the bidding.  Guess
what!  Buy getting in on the bidding rather
then buy it at the "buy it now" price I got it
quite a bit cheaper.

Oh! and I still use it to this day for some
things.

The property I live on.  When I moved into
this area I wanted a lot more acreage than 
this place has.

God gave me a very clear sign that I was to
buy this place instead.

You know the answer.   Over about forty
eight years has proven that this place fit my
needs best.

I have a few areas of woods I bought at a 
state tax sale.  All the places that I really 
wanted I was out bid on over a couple of
years.  It was just to be a place to hid from
the world once in a while.  So just a patch
of woods would be good.

But, one place did not sell at the last sale
I went to.   After the sale was over I dealt direct
with the state and and was able to buy this 
little patch of woods at a very affordable
price.  It also had a usable structure on it 
that others did not have.

Plus, checking the county's estimated value
a few years later on my little patch of woods
my value had about tripled over what I paid
for it.  And the place I really wanted the most,
and was far out bid on, was only worth about
one third of what the fellow paid for it.

One more and then I will shut up.  Years ago
while I was still single there was two ladies
[At different times.] that I waned more than I
wanted to live.  They were prayed for a lot,
But I did not get either one.

But, in watching them over the years I can 
see that had I gotten either one - I would have
been hurt very badly.

Later God clearly told me who was to be my
wife.  And, you guess it, I could not have gotten
a better woman for a wife.

"And we know that God causes everything 
to work together for the good of those who
love God and are called according to his 
purpose for them."
(Romans 8:28 NLT)



 

No comments: