Monday, February 12, 2018

IS YOUR FIRE BURNING LOW?



This is my "burn barrel".
You have one too don't you?
They keep your house from filling up with trash.
If we did not have a "burn barrel" we would have 
had to get out of the house years ago.

I am tempted to ask you, what do you do with your 
trash.  But perhaps I best not ask.

But, in the top image it is obvious the fire is not burning
well at all.  It has smothered from all the ashes and is
 about to go out.  However, after stirring up the mess of 
stuff in it, the burnable material is brought to the top and
as you can see below, burns well again.



Sometimes my spiritual life gets like the smothered fire above.
Then it's time to stir up the fire in me.  For my self that generally
means getting closer to God and refocusing on the important
things of life.

Jesus Christ tells us of three things that will smother our fire,
or keep us from being productive in life from God's view point.

a.  The cares of life it's self, if given undo concern.
b. The delight in riches, or wealth.
c. Pleasures.

Which of these is smothering out your fire?





No comments: