Wednesday, February 21, 2018

PRAYERS THAT WORK


Image courtesy of: www.Pixabay.com   

This morning I was reading about one of the miracles that was
the result of pray in the Bible.  This made me reflect on some 
of the miracles in my own life that were the result of pray, i.e.
real prayer.

First it would be right to mention a couple of "facts of life."
One, God is God and his will or purpose is going to be done
whether we like it or not.  So, don't expect him to turn this old
world into heaven just to please you.

Two.  If I were a child wanting something that my parents
could not afford, I would not expect to run up to the big 
house on the hill where the people had lots of money and 
make my request to them.  I do not belong to their family.
So, if I am living for the Devil, why would God be expected
to dish it out for the Devil's kids?

Back to prayer.  I have had hundreds of prayers answered
that are the "say a little prayer" type of thing.  I live in that
realm.  But that does not always bring the desired result.

If you had a dump truck stuck in the ditch, you would not
go get a motor scooter to pull it out would you.  Prayer can
be the same way.  Some times it takes more than a motor
scooter.

A short time back I had one like that.  I had a problem that
I fought nearly all after noon.  And there must have been a
good number of "say a little prayers" go up to God.  But the
problem whipped me anyway.

By the next day I had changed.  I was whipped and broken.
I was like pointed out in the 51st chapter of Psalms were it
says:
"The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit;
A broken and contrite hear, O God,
You will not despise."
(Psalms 51:17 NASB)   

You guessed it.
Just one serious broken hearted prayer to God and the
problem was fixed in an instant with our my even touching
any thing.

On a closing note.
Years ago in the barber shop I got to talking with a local
pastor of one of the Churches.  He told me that the only 
miracles he had ever seen were the result of DESPERATE
prayer.












No comments: