Wednesday, June 5, 2019

HOPE FOR A BROKEN HEART

Image courtesy of: www.Pixabay,com    


Most of us who have lived any length of time
at all have endured a broken heart, or at least
great sorry and /or regret.  Some times; time or
a change in circumstances helps to heal.  But, 
not always.

But what can a person do when they hurt way 
down deep where nobody else can see or reach
or help?

Over a very long life with numbers of great hurts,
sorrows and regrets I have learned the source of 
healing for the broken heart.

No it is not something I have discovered or some
new technique or super food.  But going to the 
one who made your heart to start with - JESUS
CHRIST.

Many of us know that Jesus Christ came to 
earth to die as a sacrifice for our sins.  But
we do not always know all he came to do 
for us.

When thinking on these things one time God
impressed on my mind to look at the prophecy
given about the purpose of the coming of Jesus
Christ to start with.

Notice the second item.

"The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is upon me,
for the LORD has anointed me
to bring good news to the poor.
He has sent me to comfort the brokenhearted
and to proclaim the captives will be released
and prisoners will be freed.
He has sent me to tell those who mourn
that the time of the LORD'S favor
has come,
and with it, the day of God's anger
against their enemies."
(Isaiah 61:1,2 NLT)

Did you see that?

"He has sent me to comfort the brokenhearted..."

Jesus himself tells us that God knows the very
number of the hairs of our head.  He cares more
about me than I care about myself.

You can see why over the years I have gone to 
Him with hundreds of small insignificant, AND
HUGE, problems.  Because He came to comfort
my broken heart.

"Give all your worries and cares to God,
for he cares about you."
(1 Peter 5:7 NLT)

TAKE THAT BROKEN HEART TO GOD
AND TELL HIM ALL ABOUT IT.




















No comments: