Wednesday, June 12, 2019

THE MAN IN THE GARAGE


Image courtesy of:www.Pixabay.com    


Let me tell you about one of my learning experiences.

May years ago while attending one of the colleges
in the area I lived in at the time, I worked in a combination
service station and garage.  One of our customers was
a man named "Ernie".  Ernie was a nice old man, but,
well different.

You see, Ernie lived in his garage and his wife lived
in the house.  She seemed to be a normal well 
adjusted woman.  But her husband lived out in 
the garage.

Now this is just a guess, but I learned that Ernie
had it all figured out.  He knew just exactly how
much he could earn without paying any income 
tax.  So, Ernie would only work until he would
have to pay tax.  He was not going to work for
the government.  So he would take the rest of 
the year off.

Now that might not be the reason.  But I suspect
that caused his wife to send him to the garage.

What did I learn out of that.
Ernie lived in the garage - BUT,
that did not make a car out of him.

You know, just like setting in a Church
will not make a Christian out of you.
If you do not have a personal relationship
with Jesus Christ - you are only a
pretend Christian at the best.



No comments: