Sunday, December 6, 2020

CHANGE IT.



The last thirty five years of my working life was spent
in the automotive industry.  Over twenty five of these
were as an automotive technician, and then the rest 
working in the parts department.

In all those years I learned one thing that controls
the automotive industry.  There is one over riding
principle that controls every thing.  It is summed up
in two words, "Change it.". 

It is a good looking car, "Change it".
It is an ugly looking car, "Change it."
The car works well, "Change it."
The car don't work well, "Change it."
The car is easy to repair, "Change it."
The car is hard to repair, "Leave it alone."
[Sorry, just could not pass that one up.]

Now having been in retirement for over a decade
I have been messing around in the social media
world.  In this time I have used at least four 
different social media platforms and a number 
of websites.  Guess what?  Everyone of them has
had changes made.  I honestly do not think that
any of the changes have helped the user.  They
only get more complex and harder to use.

I am now 86 years old and every year has brought
changes in my old body  - I don't like them.

In short, I am tired of changes and most people
I know are too.

But there is good news.  There is one thing that
does not change,  JESUS CHRIST.


"Jesus Christ is the same
yesterday, today, and forever."
(Hebrew 13:8 NLT)

Jesus loved us and died for us, if we will accept it.
That does not change.

Jesus arose on the third day to live forever.
That does not change.

Jesus is in heaven interceding for me now.
That does not change.

Jesus's invitation to come to Him for the 
forgiveness of our sins does not change.

Jesus request for us to bring out problems 
to him does not change.

The whole world is in a state of constant change,
most of which is not good.

But thank God,  He does not change.
I can and do take all my problems and concerns
to Jesus who never changes.

And Jesus begs you to come to him for 
comfort with your problems.


No comments: