Sunday, December 13, 2020

GOD'S WORD IS TRUE

 



"Give, and you will receive.  Your gift 
will return to you in full - pressed down,
shaken together to make room for more,
running over and poured into your lap.
The amount you give will determine the
amount you get back."  
(Luke 8:38 LNT)

I just want to share the truth of this in a minor
way with you.  God has been so good to me and
I see his hand in so many things that others 
would only consider coincidence.

I am a very old man retired and living on social
security.  But, God has been so good to me.  I 
should have died about seven years ago - BUT
GOD - restored me to good health for an old
man.  He has given me a comfortable home to
live in and more than enough to eat.

In these circumstances when looking around
at the multitudes of poor and hurting people
it almost makes me feel guilty.  Why should I
have it so well and they not.  So I felt that I should
try and share more with the poor.

I of course have to watch my money closely but
began to feel the need of helping in a certain
manner to a certain situation.  I had made up my
mind to give a certain amount to the need.

However, when it came time to donate to the need
I felt that God would have me double the amount.
Could I give that much and still pay my expenses?
I have learned in well over eighty years of living 
that if God encourages me to give extra to something
or other I never once regretted it.  He always made
sure it worked out O.K.  So, I doubled the amount
to the need.

A few days latter sometime near Thanksgiving I
was getting ready to leave a place where I volunteer
some work.  I happened to look down in my lunch
box and saw an envelope.  Must be a Thanksgiving
card.  It was.  But I could not slide it out of the envelope.
It had so much money stuffed in with it that I could
not slide it out.  EXACTLY TWICE THE AMOUNT
I HAD DONATED.

PRAISE GOD,
THANK YOU JESUS.





No comments: