Sunday, December 20, 2020

THE MAKING OF A WINNER




THE MAKING OF A WINNER

It is natural for most people to want to be a winner
in one way or another.  There are ways that most of
us could care less about whether we win or lose.
But how can I be a winner in life it's self?
How can I have God's blessing on all I do?

One of the winners in God's book was King David.
God Himself said of David,

"But God removed Saul and replaced him with
David, a man about whom God said, ' I have
found David son of Jesse, a man after my own
heart.  He will do everything I want him to do."
(Acts 13:22 NLT)

And,
"David continued to succeed in everything he
did, for the LORD was with him."
(1 Samuel 18:14 NLT). 

Now there is where I want to be.
But how?

The last few days I have been reading in 1st and
2nd Samuel.  In there is the key as to why David
always had God's help.

Everything, David did, he first asked God what he
wanted him to do.  It did not matter whether it was 
do you want me to go to battle, or, where do you want
me to live, or whatever.  It was always asking God what
he was to do.  It was to ask for God's direction in every
facet of life.

Yes, we all know that David failed miserably at one 
point in his life.  But we also know that he did not
seek the will of God in the matter.

Much of our problem today is that we make up our
mind as to what we want to do.  Then, we seek God's
blessing on it.  That is going about it backward.

God help me to seek your will on EVERY matter of
my life.

 

No comments: